Spring Clearing Week 2019
April 1 - April 7
APDO Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers
Spring Clearing Week 2019.
Research by MoneyMagpie in 2017 found that 50% of the UK population have ditched the traditional spring clean citing a lack of time, apathy and the ongoing cleanliness of the home as their reasons for doing so.
As a result, APDO launched Spring Clearing Week to highlight the benefits of an annual review of our ‘stuff’ and ensure this valuable chance to clear the decks of any physical (and consequently mental) clutter is not abandoned too.
Springtime is a time of renewal and growth; the days getting longer and many of us enjoy an increase in energy levels and have a spring in our step! It’s a great chance to take stock of what you want to do and achieve in the coming year. It’s a good time to pick up any fallen new year resolutions and focus on whether your environment is really helping you to achieve those goals.
During Spring Clearing Week, APDO’s members across the UK and beyond will be advising and encouraging you to clear everything surplus in your life by
- Blogging on APDO’s blog and partner websites
- Providing tips on social media
- Featuring in newspapers and magazines
- Running workshops, coffee mornings and information sessions in local libraries and community centres
- Working with charities and donating a day of their time to help them clear the decks too
And much more!
What could you review and clear this Spring Clearing Week?